Saturday, December 12, 2009

Tim Holtz Tags


I'm posting twice today because I'll be gone much of the rest of the month and want to get my holiday tags online.  I've been obsessed with following Tim Holtz's "Ten Days of Tags" at http://timholtz.typepad.com/ . He posted  instructions for a new Christmas tag each day for 12 days in a row. He posted at midnight so of course I had to stay up until midnight every night to see the new card.  He uses tons of supplies and gives 25-45 steps for making each tag. Early in the process I spent much time looking for supplies both in stores and online. On Day 1, I went to 6 different craft and art stores finding only 1 or 2 items at each store. Later in the week I was much luckier and found many of the supplies on-line. They have not arrived yet but I'll continue learning the techniques once they arrive even if it is after the holidays.
    These pictures are from Day 1 (click to enlarge). Of course one tag wasn't enough; I had to make five. I'm not happy with the end result but did learn a lot of new techniques. I tried to improvise with materials I had on hand and they didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. My favorite is the one in the individual photo. I didn't use the grunge board on him that was really supposed to be grunge paper which I didn't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment