After taking Carol Murphy's Eucaustic wax class, I decided to stay on for her afternoon class making Altered Bottles. Because I hadn't planned to take the class I didn't have the necessary supplies with me; so during lunch break I ran out and found a nicely shaped bottle. Unfortunately it was filled with lemonade; so I had to drink that before class started.
The main technique we learned was using wax (in this case bee's wax) in conjunction with beads, buttons, and other ephemera. I was surprised how easy it was and am pleased with the end result. When drippin wax on the bottle some of us chose to drip over the beads and buttons while others preferred to leave them free of the wax therefore allowing more detail to be seen.