Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fallen Hero

My heart is heavy as I mourn with hundreds of thousands others at the death of Teddy Kennedy. In my eyes he was a great man - far greater than his two assassinated brothers. He lived long enough to work for the dreams of "Camelot". Unfortunately he leaves us with still much to be done. Yes, he had his moral weaknesses and deadly indiscretion but in the final tally this man was my hero and I will miss him and his determination to help those in need. As a high school senior I watched JFK's inauguration and felt the hopefulness of youth. Many of those dreams have fallen along the way but I still remember "Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country." That is the path, I think, that Teddy Kennedy tried to follow until the end. My hope is that the next generation will continue to carry on with that dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment