Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Mixed Media project finished, yeah!


I finally finished the class project from Carol Murphy's Enucastic Wax class at Stamping Details in Poway CA. It was my first experience using waxes and I loved their ease of use and the wonderful effect they create. We used gold, black, and brown. I want to try a project using pastel waxes - would love to see how they look.
We also used Mod Podge, gold leaf pen, tacky glue, and various other embellishments.
Stamping Details is a great shop for Mixed Media artists. Lots of classes and the largest selection of mixed media supplies I've found in the area. The staff is also wonderfully helpful.

3 comments:

  1. What did you end up using to attach the wire?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a glue gun because the wire kept falling off with other glues; then attached the buttons and flowers to hide the glue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regarding women detective books: have you read the The Number One Ladies Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith? (I think being made into an HBO series.) Humorous more than anything, with cute characters. I would call it Detective-Lite. Love your blog. I am impressed with the time you have put into it already.
    Barb H.

    ReplyDelete