Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Wonderful Work Space


For 30 plus years I've wanted a work space where I could find things when I wanted them and didn't have to run from room to room getting paper, glue, scissors, etc. Finally a couple years ago we decided we were going to retire and stay where we were; so we had California Closets redo our whole office/craft area. My first requirement was that I have a table large enough to work on and cut 45" fabric - therefore the penninsula. It is 40" wide and 7 1/4' long.
I have plenty of bright light with a patio door and front porch only a couple yards behind my desk. To the left of the entrance I store my 12 x 12 paper in a basket made for old newspaper storage. Next to that is another bin which holds artists pads, books, & paper odds & ends. In the boxes underneath I store all my adhesives in one and assorted paint supplies in the other.
Of course, my dog Pepe loves to hang out with me as long as I toss a ball now and then.
I have my computer and office material on the opposite side of the penninsula.
My books are in a cabinet at the other end of the room. Near the printers and other computer equipment. I have magazines in a basket near the sewing machine which is just behind the 12 x 12 paper storage.

This is pretty close to heaven for me. I spend about 80% of my free time at one side or the other of my lovely penninsula.
.



No comments:

Post a Comment